Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a fantastic new year. I aim to make this the year when big changes happen, from finances and home life to more education and a career. Having said that, my first step on the path of improvement is the '14 things for 2014' post which was created by Pixee. I know that there will be a lot of people who say that if you want to improve something in your life, you should do so regardless of the day. However, having had a terrible end to 2013, the start of 2014 has coincided with me wanting to change everything. All fourteen things I have chosen for this post are blog related. I have a separate list of things I want to achieve this year that I may post on a different day. For now, take a look at the ways I'd like to improve my blogging this year.
1. Do 5 guest posts- If I want to get my blog out there this year, I need to post on other people blogs. That way, not only could I gain a new blogging friend, I could get a fresh perspective of blogging and learn new things from another blog.
2. Join #bbloggers chats- According to the research I've just quickly done, these take place on Wednesday and Sunday at 8pm. For some reason, I miss these chats every week. I am going to make a lot more effort this year to get to know the blogging community a bit better and get chatting to new people.
3. Improve my photos- I never edit photos, nor do I particularly focus on lighting. Which is why they're so awful. I am always rushing whilst Alexander has a nap to take some quick shots to upload later that night. This year I am going to put more effort into the quality of my photos.
4. Have 5 guest posts on my blog- To reverse my first resolution, I'd like to give some bloggers a new audience, as well as gaining some fresh content on my page.
5. Use facebook more- I created a facebook page for my blog here about a year ago and, whenever advertising posts, I always forget about that little space. I will now upload a lot more to that page and focus on making it more informative and enjoyable for followers.
6. Start using instagram- You've met her! That one person who's never instagrammed in their life. It may be because I don't have an iphone, or it may just be laziness. Either way, I am going to start using it!
7. Do more mummy posts- Since having Alexander nine months ago, I have uploaded the odd post here and there but I'd like to connect with more mothers who blog and wriggle my way into that community too.
8. Do more reviews- I'm one of those people who upload haul after haul, but never go back to the products and review them on a later date. I'd like to upload a lot more make up and skincare reviews from now on.
9. Start a youtube channel- This is something that has burnt inside me for years, but I have never had the confidence to do it. After recent events, I've decided that life is too short to care what people say or do. This year I want to make myself more happy and content and I know this would bring me a lot of happiness.
10. Do an outfit of the day- Although I've been blogging for two years, I have never posted an OOTD. This is purely due to shyness and lack of confidence in myself. However, I feel that my readers may want to see the clothes I haul actually worn.
11. Appear more on my blog- I never really take photos of myself or appear much on my blog, which is something I'd like to change.
12. Post every other day- This will be quite a challenge for me, as having a nine month old child is quite hectic. I'd like to let my viewers know when to expect content as it's been a bit all over the place in the last 12 months.
13. Create a blog button- This year for me is definitely about networking and making new friends. I'd love to make a button for my page and do lots of button swaps with all your lovely bloggers (I just need to learn how to first).
14. Have a blog redesign- I'd like to think I'll read up and do this myself, but in reality I may have to invite someone to do this for me. Either way, I'd love to have a completely new design that I could be proud of showing people.
That's it. My 14 blog related goals for 2014. I aim to come back to this post once a month and see how I am getting on. If you're interested in doing a guest post, me doing a guest post for you, if you have any blog button advice or a blog designer in mind, let me know in the comments below.
Thank you for reading