Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Spring/summer fashion

Ok so I know that this post may be a bit late but, I've only just started to see the sun, so in my eyes spring has only just begun. For spring and summer the trends that are obvious are pastel colours, neon, block colour, metallic etc.

I absolutely LOVE the pastel trend, with my favourite pastel colour being mint green. I have bought a few things in pastel colours recently and I am loving them. I think they are really girly colours, really on trend and really flattering. I also like to hint at this trend with nail colours, which looks really nice too.



I haven't worn neon since I was sixteen and thought I was a raver, so this trend is a bit of a miss with me. However, I think the odd thing looks really nice ie. a neon pink belt or neon nails, if worn with quite neutral clothes. Not being thin puts my off this as well as I think worn fully on top or fully on the bottom would make me look bigger, in my personal opinion.



Metallic clothes are something that I love on other people, but not on me. I love a pair of metallic shorts and a cool T-shirt with big jewellery, which looks really funky and fashionable.


Block colours are exactly what it says on the tin, and I personally love to wear a bit of colour with my outfit. I think it's great that we have been dragged out of our dark, miserable clothes for the dark, miserable weather and into things bright and beautiful.

So what do you think of the latest fashion, and what having you been wearing recently?

Thanks for reading

Nikiniknak xx


11 comments:

  1. Great post xxx

    I am really excited about the summer colours too. I just bought some neon yellow nails inc polish! You can see it on my blog x www.milkymoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, I love the pastel trend and those jeans are perfect for it! You have a lovely blog, I am now following you and I'd really love it if you liked my blog enough to follow me too:
    http://welcometocharlotteswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. The jeans are gorgeous aren't they, love them!! xx

      Delete
  3. I LOVE pastals.. Especailly all the lovely coloured jeans there seems to be around at the moment! I want them all!
    I'm not quite on the neon trend, I have a lovely clutch from new look with a bit of neon pink going on and a nearly neon orange top from river island, but dont think I can pull anything more than that off!
    Caroline.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are so pretty aren't they!

      No I agree with you, too much neon is a no go, but the odd piece can look nice.

      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm with you, loving the pastels and leaving the neon. I've also been wearing some block colours x :-)
    ps got yourself a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am definitely a lover of block colours, color pants, and the other stuff are in the mix. Love adding neon tee to some normal little bit boring outfit, it looks so much better ;)great post!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a bit of colour myself, I hate an outfit to be dull and plain, but then on the other hand I don't like to over do it.

      Thanks so much, love your blog too xx

      Delete
  6. I love the pastels and neon denim trends. It makes it so easy to wear the must have colours, and denim is my fashion life <3

    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a denim wearer myself, but I do lovelovelove those pastel jeans xx

      Delete