Pages

Sunday 22 September 2013

Autumn wish list

Like many of you, I spend a lot of my spare time swooning over clothes online, putting them into my virtual basket and hoping some kind stranger will find that basket and treat me. I find that at this time of year, it's much easier to curl up on the settee with a cup of hot chocolate and shop, rather than go out. Whilst trawling through many clothes on many websites, I stumbled upon the Whistles department of John Lewis.  Whilst there, I couldn't take my eyes off the gorgeous Autumn/Winter clothing that they have recently stocked. After much deliberation, I selected a few pieces that I think you may fall in love with just as much as I have. 


The first piece that immediately jumped out was this jumper. I find most jumpers quite boring, but this for me is completely different. Not only is the colour gorgeous and perfect to brighten up cold days, but the lace detailing on the shoulder gives it more of a playful, edgy look. 
Take a look at the Valentina lace jumper here

Sticking to the same theme, I adore this jumper with the black body and the camel sleeves. The ribbed effect makes this jumper look a lot more elegant whilst the length is great for hiding your bum. 
Take a look at the Ivy colour block ribbed knit jumper here

Finally in my selection of jumpers is this long, red, Angora one. I love to wear a pop of colour in Autumn/Winter and this is perfect. The length will once again hide problem areas and the slits either side give it that extra bit of style. 
You can see the Devon longline angora knitted jumper here

Onto coats next and this is my favourite. I love a good coat which you can throw over every outfit and look stylish. I went for a navy coat to try and stay away from the black that everyone wears at this time of year. I think this coat screams fashionable whilst looking cosy and warm. 
Here you can find the Lexi double breasted coat.

Who doesn't love a classic khaki parka? The faux fur lining makes the coat look so comfortable and the classic detailing and the structure of the coat makes it a piece that everyone could wear, and a definite must for everyone's wardrobe. 
You can find the Bobby casual parka coat here

Evening wear next and I couldn't resist this dress. The bright colour is once again something that appeals to me, as is the straight, structured shape of the dress and the longer sleeves. With it being so vibrant, you wouldn't need many accessories with this piece, and it can be taken from summer to winter by simple adding some thick tights and ankle boots. 
Here you can find the long sleeved sculptured dress.

This is one of those great day to night dresses. You could go to the office during the day, and by simply changing your make up and adding heels and chunky accessories it becomes an evening dress. The neckline is really flattering to all shapes, and the long sleeves mean that if you're like me and hate your arms, you can cover them without having to add a cardigan or shrug. 
Take a look at the snake print jersey dress here

I've been looking high and low for the perfect 'go with everything' ankle boots and I think I may have found them. These are grey suede (not your usual black or brown ankle boot) and have a small block heel, meaning you can wear them all day and night without aching feet. 
You can find the Lucille ankle boots here

Being a mother and a mother to be means I need a big bag. Baby wipes, hospital notes and everything but the kitchen sink tends to go in there. I am someone who likes to keep my handbag simple, and most of the time stick to black. I love the shape of this bag, the gold buckle and the added style the comes with the croc effect.
You can find the Mock croc shoulder handbag here

In contrast to the above bag, on the rare occasion that I'm out without Alexander in the evening, I tend to carry a little bag and only pack the essentials. I think clutch bags are great for evenings out and I think, like a statement necklace, they add something extra to a plain outfit. I like that this bag also has a longer strap so you can easily change it from a clutch to a shoulder bag. The front pocket is great for storing your phone or keys so that you have easy access to them too.
You can find the Stevie double croc clutch handbag here


Autumn and Winter for me are all about comfort. All of the things I have chosen above have both style and comfort, meaning you don't have to sacrifice looking good for being warm. There are so many more great pieces on the website, and I'd love to know what your favourites are. 

Thank you for reading 

Niki 

No comments:

Post a Comment