Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

Sophie Kinsella- The undomestic goddess



Today I thought I would do a book review. I am a big lover of reading, and own a lot of books. I like to think I cover many genres, but to be honest, I love a good chick lit. Since having my son, time for reading has been scarce, but I am consciously making more of an effort to read now that he has a regular bedtime, as it's one of my biggest hobbies. Another way to motivate myself to do this is by committing myself to one book review every other month on my blog. 

I'm not the type of person to go out and buy the latest must have book, nor do I spend a lot of money. I'd much prefer to wait until the hype has died down and I can get it for a more reasonable price, especially if it's something I am only going to read once. That said, I was debating whether to do these posts at all, as I'm aware some readers may already have read the book. However, I would like to review the books I am currently reading for the people who are like me and like to find a bargain book in the charity shops. 

Sophie Kinsella is one of my top reads. Everything I have read of hers I have fallen in love with. I think she has a great sense of humour and wit which screams out of each page and makes you laugh out loud. Her way of writing can make you howl with laughter one minute and sob your heart out the next, and this book was no different. I have been keeping an eye out for this one for a while, and leapt on it as soon as I saw it. The central character is Samantha, a super intelligent, high flying lawyer who is working towards a partnership at her law firm. After making the first mistake of her career, she walks out of the office and gets a train to an unknown town. After trying to ask for directions and being mistaken for the housekeeping interviewee, she ends up with a job she has no clue how to do. As Samantha adjusts to this new, unfamiliar life, she grows to love the freedom and excitement that comes with it. 

With many twists and turns, and of course a love story, this book has it all. It's one of those books where you don't become the character, but look in on the character and laugh and cry with her every step of the way. You truly feel like you are living this alongside Samantha, and going through it all together. It is an absolutely great read and I would strongly recommend it to anyone. Sophie Kinsella did it again with this amazing book and I can't wait to read more and more of her work.

What have you been reading lately? 

Niki 

No comments:

Post a Comment